What is Mental Health:
Mental Health includes emotional, psychological, and social well-being and can affect stress and making healthy choices.
Why is Mental Health Important?
It is important for overall health related to health problems like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
There are many reasons for poor mental health:
- history of abuse to feelings of loneliness
- family history
- having a serious medical condition
- alcohol and drug abuse
- chemical changes in the brain
Did you know:
- 1 in 5 Americans are at risk for a mental illness every year.
- There are over half of adults with a mental illness do not have proper treatment, (total of over 28 million adults in the USA are not treated)
- The number of visits to emergency departments with mental disorders of feelings of worry, anxiety, and nervousness was 4.9 million in 2018. More Emergency Visits can lead to higher costs and no proper treatment.
Develop Healthy Habits!
- It is important to find a Behavioral Health Doctor like a Psychiatrist.
- Important to keep Behavioral Health Appointments with a doctor for medication or therapy.
- Locate near an urgent care center for emergencies and call your doctor first.