Community Health Choice is proud to sponsor and celebrate a significant new way to help children achieve healthier and more hope-filled lives.
Community was honored to be an early donor with the Collaborative for Children for their new mobile learning initiative called the “Collab-Lab,” a learning collaboration laboratory on wheels!
In her remarks at the launch event, Community CEO Lisa Wright said:
“Every day, we see the value of early education and enrichment to help children get on track for success. I see the need and value as the CEO of Community Health Choice, and I also see the need and value as a mother of small children.
As a mom, I love reading to my kids and I know that we need to start these kinds of personal and relational enrichment when they are still in their first year. We need to have books and interactive teaching games and “toys” in their hands from the start.
That’s where I believe the new Collab-Lab shines. Here are some things I love about the Collab-Lab:
- Caregivers and children participate in the activities together;
- They receive take-home activities and a learning package for further enrichment and learning together at home;
- Children and their caregivers are learning through activities that connect to STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math;
- The Collaborative for Children literally is bringing this opportunity to the children and communities who most need it;
- And all of this is being deployed with COVID-19 safety and cleaning protocols.
We all know health is more than simply health care, as important as care is. Health is tied to well-being, learning, and being prepared to do well in school and in life. The more we can give our children head starts in learning, the better able they’ll become to manage their healthy lives.
Thank you for this exciting new initiative and for giving all of us opportunities to partner with you.”
Community Health Choice is glad to partner with community organizations like the Collaborative for Children. Be on the look-out for the Collab-Lab rolling into a neighborhood near you!