Help Prevent Fraud, Waste or Abuse: Transportation Services
Community Health Choice covers the cost of necessary transportation to approved medical service providers when necessary to eligible individuals.
How to prevent or detect fraud, waste or abuse when using transportation services provided to you by Community Health Choice:
- You did not call and schedule transportation services and someone shows up to pick you up.
- Your driver takes someone to a non-medical location other than their home or medical provider. Transportation providers are only allowed to take Members to/from their scheduled pick-up and drop-off locations.
- There is an abnormal number of passengers occupying the vehicle you are in.
- Your driver takes a route that adds extra time or mileage;
- You get a ride in an ambulance when a wheelchair or regular van would have worked; or
- You see someone sharing his or her Medicaid card or number with others to get medical services.
You can report suspected fraud anonymously to Community Health Choice, but it is helpful to give your phone number or email address so an investigator can contact you for more information.
If you do give your contact information, the investigators will protect your identity to the maximum extent provided by the law.
Report actual or suspected FWA via:
Fraud Tip Hotline: 1.877.888.0002 (also to place an anonymous report)
Email: [email protected]