Community Based Organizations – Southwest Multi-Service Center
Community believes that health care includes more than just medical coverage. That’s why we partner with and share with our Members community based organizations (CBOs) that offer services our Members need. We work closely with many local organizations offering social services. This is one.
Houston Health Department multi-service centers work in partnership with collaborating agencies to provide educational resources, direct services, referrals, access to basic needs, and other social services needs, including:
- Healthy food through our farmers markets, produce wagons, and community gardens
- Education to manage chronic diseases such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Computer room and free WiFi
- Application help for financial assistance programs such as Medicaid, Affordable Care Act Insurance, and Harris Health Financial Assistance
- Facility rentals for private events
- Meeting space for public events and meetings
- Fitness activities and exercise equipment
- Services for seniors 60 and older (meals, benefits counseling, fitness activities)
- Help with accessing health care and social services
- Comcast Lift Zones that provide free hotspot internet access to help students get online, participate in distance learning, and do their homework.
Houston Health Department Multi-Service Center Web Site: https://www.houstontx.gov/health/MSC/index.html
Southwest Multi-Service Center Web Site: https://www.houstontx.gov/health/MSC/Southwest_Multi_Service_Center.html