Prevent Accidental Medication Overdose

Prevent Accidental Medication Overdose

Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print

Prevent Accidental Medication Overdose

Girl playing doctorEvery year, more than 70,000 children go to the emergency room because they were given too much medicine! Read the instructions carefully.

Medicine may be prescribed to be given in either milliliters (ml) or teaspoons. One teaspoon is almost five times more than one milliliter. That is a big difference! In addition, medicine should come with a dosage tool (cup, syringe, etc.) so that you give the correct amount. If it does not, ask for one! If the medicine is to be given by teaspoon, do not use a kitchen spoon. It may not be an accurate measurement. Always ask your pharmacist if you have any questions about your child’s medication.

mm_mnl_0119

Share

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email
Share on print