If you are planning to:
- Travel this summer or have travelled to work on a farm or fields to prepare crops, grow fruits and vegetables, plant trees, raise or care for livestock
- Or prepare dairy products in the past two years
- And your children are STAR program Members who are between the ages of birth through age 17, they are considered children of traveling farmworkers.
Your children can receive their wellness checkup before they travel with you to the next farm job.
Call you child’s doctor today or Wellness Services at 713.295.6789.
Need a ride to the doctor?
Call Community Member Services for help. Call toll free 1.888.760.2600, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Call Acces2Care to schedule and to check the status of your ride.
- Access2Care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call Access2Care toll-free at 1.844.572.8194 or schedule through the Access2Care (A2C) Member app. Download the app from your app store. Information is available in English and Spanish. Call Access2Care to get an interpreter. 7-1-1 TDD for Hearing-Impaired. In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital.
Visit our Wellness Corner for even more helpful information.