Welcome to Community Health Choice!
Thank you for choosing us!
We’re here to help you get great health care whenever you need it and find new ways to stay healthy. We have a Member Welcome Kit and ID card ready to send your way.
Follow the five steps below to make it official. Once you're all setup, a wellness checkup is a great way to get started—and there’s no charge.
Call us if you need help at 713.295.6704 or toll-free at 1.855.315.5386.
Step 1: Make your first payment
Your healthplan coverage becomes official when we receive your first payment for the plan year, so please do not put this off. We must receive your first payment no later than the due date listed on your invoice. If you miss your deadline, your policy is automatically cancelled.
You have multiple ways to make a premium payment:
- Pay online through your My Member Account or make a Quick Payment.
- Pay anytime by phone using our automated system at 713.295.6704 or toll-free at 1.855.315.5386
- Pay in person at any of these CheckFreePay Payment Center locations.
- Pay by mail with a check or money order. Send your payment to Community Health Choice, P.O. Box 844124, Dallas, TX 75284-4124.
Please note: Invoices are sent out automatically. If you have already made a payment, thank you! Some payments can take up to a week to process.
Complete Step 1
Community Tip: Make A Choice
Remember, your payment must be received by the date on your invoice. If you miss this date, your plan is automatically cancelled, and you will lose your coverage. You must re-enroll, if you are still eligible.
Step 2: Create your online Member Account
Your health plan, personalized. Your personal My Member Account makes it easy to manage your health plan. Everything that you need is at your fingertips. New Members, create your My Member Account five to seven business days after your first premium payment is processed.
Your My Member Account lets you:
- Pay premiums online and set up auto-payments
- Print a copy of your Member ID card
- Check claim status
- Select or change your Primary Care Provider
- Send secure messages to our Member Services team
- Take your health questionnaire and save 10% off your 2020 premiums
- And much more!
Complete Step 2
Community Tip: Set up automatic payments
Once you’ve made your first payment, in your Member account you can schedule future premiums to be paid automatically on the 15th or 25th of each month. If you had set up automatic payments in 2019, we recommend you login to your account to review your recurring payment amounts.
Step 3: Earn 10% off your 2020 monthly premiums
It all starts with a quick and easy health questionnaire. You can complete your health questionnaire online in about 10 minutes. Only one adult (18 or older) is required to take a health questionnaire to earn the premium savings for everyone on your policy. The early bird gets the savings.
- Members who complete the health questionnaire by November 20 will see the savings on their January 2020 bill and all future 2020 bills.
- Members who complete their health questionnaire between November 21 and December 20 will see the savings on their February bill and all future 2020 Community bills. Members will have to pay their full January premium.
- Members who complete their health questionnaire between December 21 and January 31 will see the savings on their March 2020 bill, plus all future Community 2020 bills. Members will have to pay their full January and February premiums.
Complete Step 3
Community Tip: Save 10%
The deadline to take your health questionnaire to save 10% on your 2020 premiums beginning in January is November 20, 2019. Check the payment center in your My Member Account for the most up-to-date credit information.
Step 4: See if you qualify for health care premium assistance
The Advanced Premium Tax Credit (APTC) is a federal subsidy available to individuals and families who earn less than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). This subsidy helps to pay part of your health insurance premiums in order to make your insurance more affordable.
Send in your supporting documents now. You have just 30 days from the day you enroll to show proof to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that you qualify for financial help with your premiums.
Complete Step 4
Community Tip: Make the Deadline
If you miss the deadline, you could lose your financial assistance, and your premiums could be higher—possibly much higher. So, please get those documents to CMS, not Community, immediately.
Step 5: Choose a Primary Care Physician
It’s important to choose a Primary Care Physician from the Community Health Choice network to coordinate your care. Use our Provider Directory to see if your Primary Care Physician is in the network or to find a new one.
Make your selection by signing in to your Member account or by calling us at 713.295.6704 or toll-free at 1.855.315.5386 to let us know your choice.
Complete Step 5
Community Tip: Make A Choice
If you don’t choose a primary care doctor, we will match you to one based on where you live. Please note that your ID cards will be mailed once you have selected a Primary Care Physician or you have been matched with one.