Five tips to manage diabetes
Diabetes is a common health condition. It happens when your body has trouble turning the food you eat into energy. Too much sugar (or glucose) stays in your blood. That can lead to serious health problems like heart disease, kidney failure, and blindness.
Community’s Care Management Team can help you manage your diabetes at no charge to you. Call us toll-free at 1.844.297.4450.
If you have diabetes, don’t give up hope. Get busy.
Here are five things you can do to manage your diabetes and stay healthy.
- Stop smoking.
- Get active – a 10-minute walk 3 days a week is a great start.
- Eat healthy.
- More fruits, veggies, healthy fats, lean protein
- Less salt, sugar, and high-carb foods like cookies, crackers, and soda
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Talk to your health care team