Community is leading the way with a job and education program called CareerReady.
CareerReady connects high school seniors and pregnant woman who are Medicaid members with the resources they need to pursue an education that will enable them to be hired for a job that offers a livable wage.
Through the scholarship, Community will cover tuition and supplies for a job certification at Houston Community College or San Jacinto College. Students who meet the eligibility requirements for the CareerReady Scholars program will be matched with a Life Coach who will support the student in completing their certification program and reaching their career goals. The application process is open all year both high school seniors and pregnant woman.
Community will begin actively recruiting for the 2021 cohort beginning March 19th through April 30th. Women that delivered in 2020 and who have delivery dates in 2021 are eligible to apply for the CareerReady Scholars program. Be on the lookout for postcards that will be mailed out March 19, 2021. Follow Community on social media to be up to date on the CareerReady Scholars program.
Congratulations, CareerReady Scholars!
They have completed job certification programs at Houston Community College!
- Iesha Cheeks graduated December 2020 with a Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management Specialist Certification.
- Rachel Galan graduated December 2020 with a Pharmacy Technician Associates Certification.
- Jessy Sanchez graduated December 2020 with a Payroll Specialist Certification.
- Jenifer Solis graduated December 2020 with a Medical Business Office Professional Certification.
- Karina Melendrez graduated May 2020 with a Child Development Associate Certification.