Texans now have extra time to sign up for health coverage with lower monthly premiums.
In recent years, Affordable Care Act “Marketplace” open enrollment closed on Dec. 15. On Dec. 16, 2021, Community Health Choice, Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis, and Clear Channel Outdoor announced a campaign to let the public know that January 15, 2022 is the new deadline. Clear Channel Outdoor donated 19 billboards to Community Health Choice, and Commissioner Ellis serves as the campaign’s spokesman, and he and Community CEO Lisa Wright agree that communities can only be safe, thriving, and healthy if everyone is able to get the medical care they need.
We are so grateful to Commissioner Rodney Ellis, Harris County Precinct One, and Clear Channel Outdoors for helping Community Health Choice spread this powerful good news:
Texans now have extra time to enroll in Marketplace health coverage with potential savings and lower monthly premiums.
- In recent years, Affordable Care Act “Marketplace” open enrollment closed yesterday, Dec. 15. This year, the deadline is extended until January 15 with increased savings throughout all of 2022.
- For many people in Harris County and throughout Texas, this means you can have terrific health insurance at low monthly premiums.
- If you sign up between today and January 15, your new health insurance will start February 1st. (Coverage for people who signed up before today starts January 1st.)
- Be sure to see if you qualify for extra savings when you enroll!
- How do you sign up? Our team at Community Health Choice can help:
- You can call: 281-524-4764
- You can start your application online: CommunityHealthChoice.org/Apply
- We even have a step-by-step enrollment video online to guide you from start to finish.
- Community Health Choice is committed to health coverage.
- We’re proud of our relationship with Harris Health, and you can choose a plan that emphasizes care within the Harris Health System, or you can choose plans throughout our broad network of providers in 20 counties.
- In addition to starting your application online at www.CommunityHealthChoice.org/Apply, you can go to www.Healthcare.gov and find plans all over Texas, including right here in Harris County.
Thank you, Commissioner Ellis, for all the work you and your team at Harris County are doing to champion access to care!
And thanks to Clear Channel Outdoors for donating billboards across Harris County reminding folks to get covered with access to care.
The most important three things to remember are:
- You can call us at 281-524-4764
- You can start your application online at www.CommunityHealthChoice.org/Apply
- Whatever you do this holiday season, make sure you and your loved ones are covered!
Thank you and happy holidays!
Now Is the Time For YOU to Get Covered
As the only local, nonprofit health insurance provider, Community opens the doors to high-quality health care for our Southeast Texas neighbors. We have lots of plans to choose from, all with free preventive care, a 24/7/365 Nurse Line, and much more. Enroll between December 16, 2021 and January 15, 2022 for coverage that starts February 1, 2022.
To take advantage of these extra savings by phone, give us a call at:713.295.6704We can take a quick look at your coverage to see how much you can save. You can also click the buttons below to learn more and get started.