As you know, it’s time for your Marketplace clients to make their health plan choices for the coming year. Community Health Choice is here to make it as easy as possible for you to promote and sell our plans. Here is a quick overview.
2020 Community Updates
Service Area Expansion – Community has expanded our Marketplace service area to include the following counties: Walker, San Jacinto, Polk, Tyler, Jasper, Newton, Hardin, Austin, Wharton, and Matagorda. This means we will now offer CHIP, STAR, and Marketplace in the same 20-county service area.
Great Plans; Easy Selection – Most of our 2020 plans cost the same or less than last year.
Exception – Community has discontinued the following plans for 2020: Community Silver HMO 002 Copay plan, Community Limited Network Plan HMO 006 and 007. Kelsey-Seybold is no longer part of our network, so the Limited Plan Network HMO 006 and 007 plans won’t be offered for 2020. Members enrolled in discontinued plans are being crosswalked to other Community plans and will have access to our large network of providers.
Personal Shopping Tool – We’ve made it easier than ever to sign up for coverage. With one click, you can use our personal shopping tool to help clients find and enroll in an affordable plan.
- Step 1 – Click on personal shopping tool.
- Step 2 – Select “No” at “Only check the box if you meet the special enrollment criteria.”
- Step 3 – Click “Next” to continue viewing plans.
- Step 4 – View plans on 10/15. Enroll in your plan on 11/1.
2020 Benefit Highlights
24/7/365 Telehealth – Talk with a doctor using your phone, computer or mobile app. Most of our plans offer this convenient care.
24/7/365 Nurse Line – Get health education or help determining where to go for care.
Strong Network – We have one of the largest doctor and hospital networks in Southeast Texas
Preventive Care – Take advantage of services that can address potential health issues before they become serious: immunizations, well-woman visits, certain cancer screenings, alcohol and tobacco screenings and counseling, and more. These services do not have a copay if you go to an in-network provider.
Covered Services before Deductible – Get care like primary care doctor visits, urgent care, and generic prescription drugs at a copay amount before you reach your deductible. Most of our plans offer this.
Community Rewards – Members can participate in the 2020 Wellness and Engagement Program.
- Complete a 10-question health questionnaire to save 10% on monthly premiums.
- Complete by 11/20 for 10% savings on January 2020 bill.
- Complete between for 11/21 and 12/20 10% savings on February 2020 bill.
- Complete between 12/21 and 1/31 for 10% savings on March 2020 bill.
- Earn $25 gift cards (up to $125) for completing health related activities. Start earning gift cards on day one: January 1, 2020. You will need to create or log in to their My Member Account to enroll.
My Member Account
Community Members can make payments, check claims status, get a Member ID card, and so much more online via their Member Portal. They can even chat, email or text our Member Services team from here, avoiding being placed on hold by phone.
Need help enrolling a client or answering questions about our plans? That’s what we’re here for.
We value our partnership with agents. If you need assistance of any kind, please let us know. You play a big role in keeping our Members happy with their Community plan, and we appreciate you.
Call us at 713.295.6760 or toll-free at 1.855.315.5386.