Who Is Eligible?
- Anyone who is getting SNAP benefits currently
- Anyone who applies now and is eligible for SNAP benefits
- Anyone who was denied or had SNAP benefits stopped before COVID-19, apply again now. You may be eligible now, because some rules don’t apply.
How Do We Get the Extra Amount?
- If you currently receive SNAP benefits, you don’t need to do anything. The extra amount will be put in your SNAP account by April 15 and then again by May 15.
- If you aren’t getting SNAP currently, apply now. Call 2-1-1 or apply online at YourTexasBenefits.com.
Other Rules Don't Apply
Work and job search requirements don’t count right now, due to COVID-19. Apply again now, if you were denied or your SNAP benefits stopped because:
- TWC said you weren’t eligible for any reason,
- You didn’t have paperwork related to work,
- You weren’t working enough hours, OR
- Your SNAP benefits stopped after 3 months because of work requirements.
Good to Know
You don’t have to send your SNAP renewal packet to HHS for March, April or May 2020.
- HHS will renew your case automatically for 6 months to September, October or November.
- HHS will contact you when renewals start up again.
- If you receive a “stimulus” check or payment from the IRS, it won’t count as income for SNAP.
See If You Qualify
To see if you qualify and to apply, visit: https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas.gov/programs/snap
If you need food now, please call 2-1-1 or look online for a list of places where you can go get food.